Monday, October 1, 2007

MY NEW FRIENDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD



Deciding to volunteer at an English Second Language class in my apartment complex has turned out to be one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had. Our "class" has become very good friends over the months. We've taken field trips, hosted guest speakers, enjoyed being in one another's homes and had a fun summer picnic together. Believe me when I say that I receive more than I give and learn more than I teach. On my church's 4th anniversary, two families (one Muslim, one Hindu) honored me By attending church with me. Today I look forward to experiencing a first. I've been invited to a Ramadan dinner at sunset at the home of my friend who is a Muslim Turk. I'm so thankful for my new friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it certainly looks like you had a lot of food to eat... I'm glad you've been able to keep developing your friendship with them and sharing in spiritual things on both sides. I also really liked the pictures! It was nice to be able to see some familiar faces.

Anonymous said...

I saw myself in these pictures,it's really nice :) I'm very glad to meet you. It was a great oppurtunity to show to the world that people from different religions can share many things on the same table...
Sema