Saturday, November 10, 2007

A DAY WITH DAN SMITH AND DA BAND!


Yesterday our church merged with 6 other churches and 3 organizations to host DAN SMITH and MOMENTUM BAND. They did school assemblies in the day time then a CONCERT and COMEDY event in the evening at the Independence High School with free pizza and pop.
My takeaway from the day?

1) Well, I was reminded how much I love teenagers and love seeing them have a chance to make good choices and know God better.

2) I was so encouraged by the number of adults I met (pastors, principals, public servants, parents) who deeply care about students too and share that same desire.

3) Dan Smith http://whiteboydj.com/home.html is a really funny guy but more than that, he and his wife Shannon, and their team, James and Christine Fruits and the crew, have such great attitudes and humble hearts. I felt like a made a lot of really wonderful friends yesterday. It was an awesome day!

No comments: