Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


The shining light in the background isn’t anything spiritual. It’s the glare off the jumbo score board at the Quicken Loans Arena at Tuesday’s Cleveland Cavs game. They lost (needlessly) to the Milwaukee Bucks, but the day was a winner for me because I got to spend it with my mom. It was her first pro basketball game. She was a cheerleader in high school so understands the basics of the game and, well, still has quite a bit of “scream” in her I found out!

I’m proud of my mom for her willingness to try new things like getting her ears pierced, using a blue tooth and trying Indian food. When our dad passed away, my sisters and I saw Mom step up with courage to do a lot of things for the first time like writing checks (which she is really good at now), calling a plumber, driving to visit us by herself and so much more. I’m thankful for my mother, for the benevolent way she cares well for people, for her sense of humor, for the ways she has always made the holidays special, for her uncomplicated and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and for being my mom. I love you, Mom!

No comments: