Saturday, November 3, 2007

SOAK IT IN LIKE A SPONGE!

This past Sunday was a great day for me because my profession happens to have an “appreciation day” that was recognized. (I hope yours does, too). My leadership team led the way in passing the microphone around and letting people who wanted to say words of personal appreciation. At first, I’ll admit I was a bit uncomfortable with it, maybe a tad embarrassed. But as the first person began to talk, I thought, “no, I’m going to soak this in and enjoy it!” Is that a crazy thought or what? :-) As different ones shared, I felt like a dry sponge just soaking in a needed refreshing. Each person’s words were special because of who was speaking and the relationship I have with that particular person.

Most pain in life happens in the context of relationships. So doesn't it just makes sense that restoration and refreshing also happen in the context of relationship? May we all be more intentional to see the power of words of affirmation, both giving and receiving, work to restore and refresh. Thanks, guys, (you know who you are) for your kind words. I love you and appreciate you too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was a really special time! I'm glad you got to enjoy hearing words of affirmation and get a little encouragement to keep on keeping on. I agree-- we all need to hear positive reenforcement every once in a while, and I'm glad you got some when you needed it. Talk to you soon!